A cyst is a benign lesion in the right or left kidney, which appears to be a saccular capsule filled with fluid. Among all the renal formations, it is the cyst that occupies the leading position in the number of detections.
Most often, a single tumor is diagnosed, which can form at the upper or lower pole of the organ, while the size of the cyst can reach 10, and a larger see.
This diagnosis requires constant medical supervision. In the absence of developmental dynamics, the patient can do without treatment. In some cases, the process may be inflammatory, resulting in surgery. In addition, compulsory treatment is required in cases of malignant degeneration of the cyst. What to do to a cyst on the kidney resolved can only say an experienced doctor.
What it is?
A cyst is a cavity filled with fluid. It may have a different structure and located in different places of the kidney. So, depending on the location, the following types of cysts are distinguished:
- Parenchymatous. It is located in the tissues of the kidney.
- Cortical cyst is located in the cortical layer.
- Subcapsular is detected under the capsule.
- Okolokhanochnaya located near the pelvis, but not communicated with it.
- Multi-chamber cyst can occupy different parts of the kidney.
By the nature of the origin of cysts are congenital or acquired, so the causes and treatment of the cyst may differ.
Causes of cyst in the kidney
Despite the fact that the cyst of the right and left kidney is not such a rarity, the causes of this pathology are still not fully understood by scientists and doctors. Most often - it is a congenital formation, but they can be formed after birth.
It is believed that there are kidney cysts due to hereditary, traumatic or infectious factors. And the difficulty of reliably identifying the causes is further aggravated by the fact that the disease, as already mentioned, is without specific symptoms.
The development of cysts occurs from the renal tubules; they lose contact with other tubules and kidney structures after they increase in size to a few millimeters. The reason for the development of this process is the enhanced growth of epithelial cells that line the renal tubules from the inside.
Cysts that are located in the kidneys very often do not appear. You can live with this pathology for years and not know anything about its existence. However, if the cyst begins to grow and stretch the capsule more, small pains develop, which are more likely to be called simply uncomfortable and there is a heaviness in the lumbar region.
Sometimes there is pain associated with the pressure of the cyst on the lower back muscle. The most characteristic symptoms of kidney cysts are the dull pains that occur in the lumbar region or in the hypochondrium, which increase after exercise.
The early symptoms of a kidney cyst are:
- lumbar pain;
- enlarged bladder;
- frequent urination;
- kidney infection;
- urolithiasis disease;
- in some cases, there is hypertension, abdominal pain, and sometimes anemia;
- cysts can spread from the kidney to other internal organs - primarily to the liver, bladder, ovaries, pancreas, and spleen.
By the way, if the pain is localized predominantly on the right side, then a cyst of the right kidney is diagnosed, respectively, if the pain on the left is a left-sided cyst.
Kidney cyst treatment
Before prescribing a particular type of treatment, a doctor, if a cyst of the right or left kidney is suspected, sends the patient to undergo a comprehensive examination. The diagnosis is established taking into account the patient's complaints. In general, the question of how to treat a kidney cyst is decided by the urologist individually, taking into account the location, size and type of cyst.
So, during a diagnostic examination, a cyst was found on the kidney - what to do?
- The most common tactic for maintaining a kidney cyst is the expectant. It implies constant dynamic control of the neoplasm. If, during such monitoring, an increase in cyst is detected, then surgical treatment is applied. The latter is also used when the cyst interferes with the normal functioning of the kidney.
- Treatment of a kidney cyst without surgery is that a cyst is punctured — a puncture followed by removal of fluid and the introduction of sclerosing agents (drugs that help the collapse and fusion of the connective tissue sheath of the cyst).
- Removal of a cyst of the left and right kidney by means of laparoscopic surgery is a low-impact, modern method, due to which pathological formations are completely removed. This technique involves performing a radical operation, but it is also minimally invasive (3 incisions of 5 mm are made on the abdominal wall).
It is not always necessary to treat a kidney cyst surgically. If it is small, not complicated and does not accompany other pathologies, you can do without surgery.
How to treat a cyst in the kidney folk remedies?
Treatment of kidney cysts with folk remedies is carried out at the stage of dynamic observation of the formation or when the operation cannot be carried out. Together with herbal infusions and decoctions, it is desirable to use drugs.
- Surely, almost everyone has heard reviews about how burdock juice helps in the treatment of kidney cysts, but not many understand how to make a folk medicine. Cut a few burdock leaves, grind them in a meat grinder, put on a marlechka and squeeze the juice. Keep it in the refrigerator, but not longer than a day. That is, every day you need to prepare a new juice. The course of treatment lasts two months, during which time juice should be taken every day, three times a day, before eating food, literally a couple of tablespoons.
- Golden mustache can insist on vodka (you need to take 50 joints) 10 days. Tincture is taken 2 times a day on an empty stomach. Reception takes place according to the scheme: on the first day, 10 drops of tincture diluted in 30 ml of water are taken, each subsequent day the dose of tincture is increased by a drop, that is, on the 25th day, 35 drops are taken. Further reception is in the reverse order, daily dose reduced by a drop. The last dose of tincture - 10 drops.
With a kidney disease such as a cyst, in addition to traditional medication and surgery, the patient is also shown a special diet. It suggests the basic principles of nutrition, including:
- limiting salt intake;
- the control over the drunk liquid;
- rejection of "harmful" food;
- observe low protein diet.
Observing a special diet for diseases of the urinary tract organs, including the presence of a kidney cyst, is one of the important components in the treatment of these pathologies.