Bronchobos belongs to the category of drugs with a pronounced mucolytic action.
It is widely used to treat diseases affecting the lungs and bronchi. The international name of the drug - Carbocisteine (Carbocisteine).
On this page you will find all the information about Bronkhobos: complete instructions for use for this drug, average prices in pharmacies, complete and incomplete analogues of the drug, as well as reviews of people who have already used Bronhobos. Want to leave your opinion? Please write in the comments.
Pharmacy sales terms
It is released without a prescription.
How much does Bronchobos cost? The average price in pharmacies is 450 rubles.
Release form and composition
Bronchobos is available in several dosage forms:
- In the form of solid, opaque gelatin capsules of yellow color, inside of which contains white powder. Each contains 375 mg of active ingredient;
- In the form of syrup 5%. The liquid is transparent, slightly viscous, crimson color, has a pronounced aroma of raspberries. One 5 ml measuring spoon contains 250 mg of active ingredient. The capacity of the bottle - 200 ml, comes with a measuring spoon.
- In the form of a syrup 2.5%. The liquid is clear, crimson, has a pronounced aroma of raspberries, and its consistency is characterized as slightly viscous. One measuring spoon with a volume of 5 ml contains 125 mg of the active substance. The capacity of the bottle is 200 ml, the set includes a measuring spoon.
The main active ingredient of the drug is carbocysteine.
- Syrup auxiliaries: ethanol, sodium carboxymethylcellulose, glycerol, sodium hydroxide, methyl parahydroxybenzoate, sodium saccharin, azorubine CL 14720, citric acid, propyl parahydroxybenzoate, distilled water, raspberry flavoring.
- Excipients capsules: gelatin, magnesium stearate, corn starch, colloidal silicon dioxide.
Bronhobos intends as an expectorant, which is provided by a special enzyme bronchial mucosa.
When the drug is exposed to the human body, the ratio of neutral and acidic sialomucins is normal. By reducing the viscosity of the secretions of the bronchi and the nasal mucosa, breathing improves, swelling of the mucous membranes is reduced, and cough is eliminated. At the same time, the function of the ciliated epithelium of the bronchi is normalized, the structures of the mucous membranes are restored. There is a recovery of the secretion of IgA - immunoglobulin, improves the process of mucociliary clearance.
Carbocysteine, which is a part of the drug, has the property of fast and unhindered absorption while taking the drug orally. In the serum, the highest concentration of a substance is observed after two or three hours after taking the drug.
Indications for use
What helps? Bronhobos application is indicated in the treatment of acute and chronic diseases of the respiratory system associated with impaired education and the release of viscous sputum and mucus:
- Bronchial asthma;
- Otitis media
The same drug is used in preparing the patient for bronchography and bronchoscopy.
According to the instructions, Bronchobos contraindicated in the following cases:
- Acute cystitis;
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding;
- Children's age up to 15 years (for capsules);
- Children's age up to 3 years (for syrup);
- Gastric and duodenal ulcer in the acute phase;
- Acute glomerulonephritis, as well as chronic in the acute phase;
- Hypersensitivity to carbocysteine and auxiliary components of the drug.
Caution should be exercised in case of duodenal ulcer and stomach history, as well as a history of chronic glomerulonephritis.
Use during pregnancy and lactation
Bronhobos prohibited from use during pregnancy and lactation. The active ingredients of the drug are able to penetrate the placenta, the effect of syrup on the fetus has not been investigated. The tool can penetrate into breast milk. If it is impossible to refuse treatment with a drug, then it is worth canceling breastfeeding at the time of therapy.
To take with caution to patients with peptic ulcers during remission.
Instructions for use
In the instructions for use indicated that for dosing syrup Bronkhobos should use a measuring spoon with a volume of 5 ml, graduated 2.5 ml.
- 1 scoop 5% syrup (5 ml) = 250 mg carbocysteine;
- 1 scoop syrup 2.5% (5 ml) = 125 mg carbocysteine.
Average syrup dosages:
- Adults: 15 ml (3 scoops) 5% syrup 3 times / day.
- Children aged 3-6 years: 5 ml (1 scoop) 2.5% syrup 2-4 times / day.
- Children over the age of 6 years: 5-10 ml (1-2 scoops) 2.5% syrup 3 times / day.
As for Bronhobos capsules, adults and adolescents over 15 years old are prescribed 750 mg (2 capsules) 3 times / day. After reaching a therapeutic effect, the daily dose is reduced to 1.5 g: 750 mg (2 capsules) 2 times / day. Treatment should not be continued for more than 8-10 days without consulting a doctor.
Application Bronhobos can provoke such adverse reactions:
- nausea, vomiting;
- epigastric pain;
- gastrointestinal bleeding;
- in patients with bronchial asthma and in elderly patients, the appearance of airway obstruction is possible.
Symptoms of overdose are: nausea, diarrhea, abdominal pain.
In this case, you must cancel the treatment with the drug and contact your doctor. Overdose therapy is based on symptoms.
- Capsules In patients with duodenal ulcer and stomach ulcer, the dose of the medication should be reduced. Therapy can be carried out in conjunction with physiotherapy procedures. The effect of the drug on the ability to drive and perform potentially hazardous work has not been studied.
- Syrup. The alcohol content in Bronhobos is 125 mg / 5 ml (that is, 125 mg of alcohol per 1 scoop). Since the drug violates the speed of psychomotor reactions (due to the presence of alcohol in it), you should refrain from driving vehicles or working with complex mechanisms.
- Potentiates the bronchodilator effect of theophylline.
- The activity of carbocysteine is weakened by antitussive and atropine-like agents.
- Increases the effectiveness of glucocorticoid (mutually) and antibacterial therapy of infectious and inflammatory diseases of the upper and lower respiratory tract.
Because of the ethanol content, Bronhobos syrup is prescribed with caution:
- With drugs that depress the central nervous system.
- With anxiety products sulfonylurea derivative), griseofulvin (antifungal drug), nitro-5-imidazoles (metronidazole, ornidazole, secnidazole, tinidazole), ketoconazole, procarbazine (cytostatic).
We picked up some reviews of people about Bronhobos:
- Sasha. Helping my children cope with a wet cough fast enough. The undoubted advantages of the drug before analogs are a large package (200 ml) versus 125 for Libexin Muko for the same price, low allergenicity (there is little dye at all - pale pink solution), cost effectiveness in terms of drug consumption (if you buy not 2.5% ( usually insist in a pharmacy), and 5% of the solution for the child, you can give half the dose, so that in one go there is enough for the treatment of two children).
- Zhenya. I suffer from chronic tracheitis, I don’t get along without Bronchobos, I liked the reviews of people, and then I started taking the drug and immediately felt relief. A cough has passed, it has become easier to breathe, now I do not wake up at night from coughing.
- Anna. This medicine was prescribed to me by a doctor as a cough expectorant. The cough was strong enough and “Bronkhobos” helped me a lot. I thought that the remedy simply helps cough up sputum, but it also helps to cope with the cough itself. After a couple of days, the cough became much smaller. And completely cured in about a week. The taste of the product is pleasant as for a medicine, although a little alcoholic.
According to the doctors, this drug can quickly and effectively liquefy, as well as remove sputum from the bronchi. Another advantage of this tool is that it can be given to children from 3 years of age, as evidenced by parents reviews. This is due to the fact that the syrup under consideration has practically no side effects and contraindications.
Direct analogues of Bronhobos on active substance (carbocysteine): Fluifort, Libeksin Mucco, Flujditek, Mukosol, Mukodin.
Before using analogues consult your doctor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
The storage temperature of the syrup should not be below zero or above +30 degrees. It is important to ensure that the drug is not accessible to children. Syrup shelf life - 3 years.