The plaster Versatis is a transdermal therapeutic system, which is made in the form of a plaster.
It is treated with local anesthetic lidocaine. It is used to reduce the severity of pain in various pathologies, due to leakage of lidocaine through the skin into deep tissues.
On this page you will find all the information about Versatis: complete instructions for use for this drug, average prices in pharmacies, complete and incomplete analogues of the drug, as well as reviews of people who have already used the Versatis patch. Want to leave your opinion? Please write in the comments.
Clinical and pharmacological group
Pharmacy sales terms
It is released on prescription.
How much does Versatis cost? The average price in pharmacies is 700 rubles.
Release form and composition
Versatis is available in the form of a transdermal therapeutic system (TTC), which is a polymeric adhesive (sticky) material from white to pale yellow, evenly distributed on one side of the nonwoven fabric and covered with a plastic film.
- The active ingredient of the drug is lidocaine. One TTC contains 700 mg of lidocaine.
- Auxiliary components of the patch are: polyacrylic acid, sodium carboxymethyl cellulose, sodium polyacrylate, D-sorbitol, glycerol, water, propylene glycol, kaolin, gelatin, urea, tartaric acid, polyvinyl alcohol, disodium edetate, propyl parahydroxybenzoate, aluminum dihydrogen, dihydrogen edetate, propyl parahydroxybenzoate, aluminum dihydrogen, dihydrate, polyvinyl alcohol, disodium edetate, propyl parahydroxybenzoate, aluminum dihydrogen, dihydrate, polyvinyl alcohol, disodium edetate, propyl parahydroxybenzoate, aluminum dihydrogen, dihydrate, polyvinyl alcohol, disodium edetate, propyl parahydroxybenzoate, aluminum dihydrogen, dihydrogen, disodium edetate, propyl parahydroxybenzoate, aluminum dihydrogen, dihydrogen, disodium edetate, propylene para-glycol, tartaric acid.
Versatis plaster size: width - 9.5-10.5 cm, length - 13.3-14.7 cm. Available in sachets 5 pieces each, in a cardboard box 1, 2 or 6 sachets.
The patch shows a membrane stabilizing effect, blocks the channels of the excitable membranes of nerve cells. Fixing the plate on the painful area provides a pronounced anesthetic effect in the area of fastening of the local anesthetic. There is no negative effect on AV conduction and myocardial contractions.
Unlike other varieties of patches (Nanoplast Forte, Voltaren), the local anesthetic agent Versatis exhibits only an analgesic effect, an effect on the inflammatory process, and the state of bone and cartilage tissue is absent. For complex effects on problem joints and vertebrae, the doctor will select a different type of impregnation plate. It is not by chance that the list of diseases for which Versatis is prescribed is shorter than the indications for the use of local names Voltaren and Nanoplast Forte.
Indications for use
Versatis is used as an anesthetic drug for superficial lesions of the mucous layers:
- With intubation and endoscopic examinations.
- In dentistry, when stitching, anesthetizing a specific area, removing tartar and removing milk teeth.
- In gynecology, when examining the cervix and vagina, as well as when removing sutures.
- When X-ray studies to eliminate nausea, pain and some other reflexes.
- In otolaryngology - during electrocoagulation, operations to correct the nasal septum and procedures for the purification of the respiratory and auditory passages.
Versatis is effective for insect and animal bites, sunburn, contact dermatitis, scratches and minor skin lesions. It is also used for minor surgical interventions.
The absence of ibuprofen, diclofenac, other NSAIDs in the composition of the therapeutic agent explains a short list of restrictions. Despite the low risk of negative manifestations, you can not use the patch more often than indicated in the instructions or stick the plate on sore points without a doctor's prescription. Local anesthetic prescription.
You can not use the tool Versatis:
- for age up to 18 years;
- during pregnancy;
- in case of allergic reaction to lidocaine or additional substances;
- during lactation.
Instructions for use
The instructions for use indicate that the Transdermal Therapeutic System (TTC) Versatis is used topically, it should be glued to the skin to cover the painful surface above the affected area. After applying the system, avoid contact of hands with eyes; hands should be washed immediately.
- TTC can be on the skin for 12 hours. Then TTC is removed and a 12-hour break is taken. You can stick up to three TTS at the same time.
- If during the period of application of TTS there is a burning sensation or redness of the skin, it is necessary to remove the system and not to apply TTS until the redness disappears.
Used systems should be kept out of the reach of children or pets.
During the use of the drug, patients may experience the development of allergic reactions, manifested in the form of:
- Nettle rash;
- Burning sensation;
- Inflammatory lesions of the skin;
- Cutaneous rash;
- In rare cases, angioedema may occur;
Excess dose means considered unlikely, and yet it can not be excluded. It may be the result of a violation of the recommendations described in the Versatis manual.
To provoke an overdose of the active substance and, as a consequence, negative side effects, can:
- The use of the patch for more than twelve hours;
- The imposition of the transdermal system on damaged skin;
- Simultaneous application of three or more plates of the transdermal therapeutic system.
The result of increasing the concentration of lidocaine in the blood are:
- Bouts of nausea and vomiting;
- Increased drowsiness;
- Excessive paleness of the skin;
- Violation of vision, which is expressed in the form of a fuzzy perception of visual images;
- Anxiety, anxiety;
- Methemoglobinemia (increased blood levels of methemoglobin);
- Anaphylactic shock;
- Heart failure.
When applying Versatis should be borne in mind that:
- The patch should be glued immediately after removing the protective plastic film;
- Versatis is used with caution in acute diseases, elderly and debilitated patients;
- If necessary, sticking plaster on the skin covered with hair, the hair is cut with scissors (do not shave);
- The used plaster should be folded sticky side inward and disposed of;
- Hands should not be allowed to contact the eyes immediately after gluing the patch;
- The drug is not recommended for use during pregnancy and lactation;
- In chronic renal failure, accumulation of metabolites may occur. The removal of lidocaine in this case will contribute to the acidification of urine;
- Although an overdose of Versatis is unlikely, it is assumed that its symptoms may be similar to those after using lidocaine as a local anesthetic;
- The drug is used cautiously simultaneously with class I antiarrhythmic drugs and other local anesthetics.
Versatis gives very low plasma concentrations lidocainetherefore, clinically significant drug interaction reactions are unlikely.
We picked up some reviews from people about the Versatis plaster:
- Helena. I consider the Versatis plaster a very good remedy, I myself suffer from radiculitis, which often worsens, especially during the cold season. Usually on such days I stayed at home, did not go to work and ate pills. But then one of the friends "in misfortune" advised me to this patch, I did not really hope for the effect, but the acquisition turned out to be one of the best in my life. This is not an exaggeration, those who often suffer from such pain will understand me. Well, this patch can be worn during the day, and the back stops hurting very quickly. After removing the patch effect lasts for several hours. The patch is large enough, enough for the back, no side effects have been observed, but I have been applying for a long time.
- Maria. My grandmother Versatis buys this plaster for some time (or rather, I buy it for her), she often has radiculitis exacerbations, and this plaster will very quickly relieve pain, the only thing that helps her, because but there is no problem with plaster.
- Ira I never heard of this patch until I went to the sea in the spring and had a cold knee. It hurt me to bend them, regardless of whether I was sitting or standing. About the management of the car, which my husband and I rented, during this period there could be no question, since at any moment I could become very ill from a sudden movement of my foot. After the first use I felt much better, but I continued to take the medicine, as the doctor prescribed a longer course.
Analogues of the patch of Versatis from this pharmaco-therapeutic group of drugs are Xycaine, Helikain.
Before using analogues consult your doctor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
The shelf life of the drug is three years. The medicine should be stored in a windless room, preferably in a closet, with t not exceeding 25 ° C. Do not store plaster in cool areas. Frost is strictly prohibited. After the complete package is cut, the sachet should be kept tightly closed.