Vinpocetine improves metabolism and blood flow to the brain.
Increases catecholamine levels in brain tissue. This action is achieved through an integrated mechanism. The drug intensively and selectively increases the cerebral fraction of the minute blood volume and improves the blood circulation of the brain as a whole, reduces the resistance of the cerebral vessels, without affecting the parameters of the general blood circulation.
On this page you will find all the information about Vinpocetine: complete instructions for use for this drug, average prices in pharmacies, complete and incomplete analogues of the drug, as well as reviews of people who have already used Vinpocetine. Want to leave your opinion? Please write in the comments.
A drug that improves blood circulation and brain metabolism.
Pharmacy sales terms
It is released on prescription.
How much is Vinpocetine? The average price in pharmacies is 35 rubles.
Release form and composition
The drug is available in the form of tablets, a concentrate for preparing a solution for injection and a prepared solution for intravenous administration. The main active ingredient is Vinpocetine, its content in one unit of each of the dosage forms is:
- In the pill - 5 mg;
- In ampoules with a concentrate and solution for injections - 10 mg.
Vinpocetine tablets are white, round, on one of the flat surfaces there is an engraving of the name of the manufacturer’s company, on the other - separation risk.
Excipients: magnesium stearate, talc, low molecular weight cellulose, lactose.
The solution for intravenous administration is a clear, slightly colored liquid, which consists of auxiliary components: ascorbic acid, sodium pyrosulfite, sorbitol, tartaric acid, benzyl alcohol, water for injection.
Vinpocetine enters the pharmacy chain in:
- Blister packs of 25 tablets in carton packs, 25, 50 each;
- Ampoules of dark glass, 2 ml in cellular packaging, 5, 10 pieces.
Vinpocetine has nootropic, neurometabolic and cerebral circulation-enhancing properties. The mechanism of action of the drug consists of several components: it improves metabolism and cerebral blood flow, has a positive effect on the rheological parameters of blood.
Reduces cerebral vascular resistance and selectively increases cerebral blood flow, but does not have a significant effect on blood pressure, heart rate, cardiac output, CRPS (systemic indicators of blood circulation); does not cause the "steal".
Vinpocetine improves microcirculation in the brain, due to inhibition of platelet aggregation and reuptake of adenosine, an increase in red blood cell deformability, and a decrease in blood viscosity; provides the transition of oxygen into the cells.
Indications for use
What helps Vinpocetine? Indications for use in medication following:
- Otology: hearing impairment of toxic (including medical) or vascular genesis, dizziness of labyrinth origin, idiopathic tinnitus, cochleo-vestibular neuritis, Meniere's disease, senile hearing loss.
- Neurology: acute and chronic cerebral circulatory insufficiency (mental and neurological symptoms of cerebral circulatory surgery), cere, emergency medicine, cerebral encephalopathy, ischemic stroke, multiinfarction dementia, transient ischemia, post-stroke condition and skull-brain injury, atherosclerosis, cerebral ischemia, post-stroke and skull-brain injury, atherosclerosis, cerebral ischemia, post-stroke and cerebral-cerebral injury
- Ophthalmology: vascular diseases of the eye caused by angiospasm of the choroid and retina (including secondary glaucoma, degenerative diseases of the choroid, yellow spot or retina; venous and arterial embolism or thrombosis).
- Hypersensitivity to the drug.
For parenteral use of Vinpocetine additionally contraindications are:
- Severe arrhythmias;
- Severe ischemic heart disease.
Data on the safety of the drug nursing women are not available.
Use during pregnancy and lactation
The drug is prohibited for use during pregnancy (due to the risk of placental bleeding and sudden abortion as a result of stimulation of the placental blood supply) and during lactation.
Instructions for use
The instructions for use indicated that Vinpocetine taken 3 times a day, 5-10 mg. The initial daily dose is 15 mg, the maximum is 30 mg.
The drug in the form of injections is most often used in acute conditions in a single dose of 20 mg. With good tolerance for 3-4 days, the dose is increased to 1 mg / kg.
The duration of therapy is 10-14 days. In the process of canceling the dosage of the drug should be reduced gradually. In the year allowed no more than 2-3 courses of the drug.
It is very important to familiarize yourself with such reactions before starting to use the drug. Among the side effects are the following:
- Gastrointestinal tract: nausea, rarely vomiting, debilitating heartburn, belching, dry mouth.
- Endocrine system: possible activation of sweat glands, which is manifested by excessive sweating.
- CNS: frequent migraines are observed, dizziness, weakness are possible. Sleep disturbances are often noted: it can manifest itself in the form of insomnia or, on the contrary, drowsiness. Some patients may have pain in the lumbar region.
- SSS: rapid heartbeat (tachycardia), hypotension (decrease in blood pressure). Conductivity between the ventricles of the heart slows down, disruption of the normal operation of the contractile mechanism.
- Appearances: skin flushing (mostly of the face - it is red and hot to the touch). With the injection of the drug may develop thrombophlebitis at the injection site.
It is also possible the development of an allergic reaction to the components of the drug.
Overdose is possible only in the case of an incorrectly selected dose, as it occurs when using at least 30 mg. drug per day. In such a situation is required to wash the stomach with saline. Further, doctors advise to drink activated carbon in the ratio of 1 tablet per 10 kg of weight and consult a doctor.
The drug is used with caution inside with arrhythmias, angina, with unstable blood pressure and reduced vascular tone. Parenteral administration is recommended in acute cases, for example. After improving the clinical picture of the patient is transferred to the reception inside.
In hemorrhagic cerebral stroke, parenteral administration is permissible only after the reduction of acute events (usually 5-7 days).
The medicine Vinpocetin can be used simultaneously with Digoxin, Glibenclamid, Imipramine, Hydrochlorothiazide and β-adrenergic blockers. A decrease in pressure is observed when taken together with Methyldopa.
Caution must be observed in conjunction with anticoagulants, antiarrhythmic drugs. Together with "Heparin" means increases the likelihood of hemorrhagic abnormalities.
We picked up some reviews from people about Vinpocetine:
- Zina. Previously, she took this drug, helped, increased efficiency. 2 years have passed. Again felt bad, severe dizziness. I'll try again.
- Pauline. Vinpocetine was prescribed by a doctor to my old grandmother. She had persistent headaches and dizziness, hypertension, memory disorders and even consciousness. It was hard to look at her suffering and the fact that she does not remember anyone or anything, everything is confusing. But Vinpocetine returned her to a normal state and consciousness, more or less normalized pressure. But hearing and sight, unfortunately, have not improved.
- Galina. She conducted a dropper treatment: Actovegin, Cerepro, and Vinpocetine. Previously, Cavinton was dripping. I was replaced without warning. Appealed about noise in the head and ears, and hearing problems (sensorineural hearing loss). I have a number of diseases: Chronic cerebral ischemia, cerebral atherosclerosis, hypertension, angina pectoris, arterial hypertension, arrhythmias, atrial fibrillation, osteochondrosis, cervical dorsopathy, intervertebral hernia, etc. After treatment, the state of health worsened: pain in the heart, severe head tightness and headache, numbness in the hands, weakness and noises remained.
- Marina. All summer I was washed with dizziness, severe headache. Forces were no longer tolerated. She didn’t want to go to doctors, they only know how to write out certificates. But once a pharmacist advised me to try Vinpocetine. Initially, I did not feel the result, since I threw all the pills together. But then I noticed that after taking this small pill, my head is not so spinning. Began to take regularly. The headache did not pass, but at least there was no such severe dizziness, blood and oxygen began to get better into the brain, for which I am very grateful to this drug!
- Alexey. I was prescribed Vinpocetine to speed recovery from a stroke. After drinking 10 capsules, I felt tinnitus. I went to the doctor, he said that such a reaction of the body to the medication is normal. After a couple of days fainted. The ambulance doctor reported that this remedy causes a drop in pressure. I do not recommend it to hypotonia.
In general, reviews of Vinpocetine Acre and Vinpocetine Forte and Vinpocetine are fundamentally similar and perfectly characterize the therapeutic properties of these drugs. Most often, the medicine is used to improve the blood supply to the brain. Reviews of doctors on the forum indicate a rare occurrence of side effects and recommend starting the drug only for the purpose of a medical professional. This drug is prohibited for children.
Analogues of Vinpocetine on the active substance are the following drugs: Bravinton, Vincetin, Cavinton, Telektol, Korsavin. These analogues Vinpocetine children under 18 are not prescribed.
Also, if necessary, after consulting with a doctor, you can pick up medications with a similar mechanism of action in various dosage forms:
- Tablets and capsules - Amilonosar, Bilobil, Ginkoum, Vinpotropil, Gingium, Gopantam, Nootropil, Ginos, Fezam, Noben, Idebenone, Carnitetin, Lutsetam, Memotropil, Pantokaltin;
- Sublingual tablets - Glycine-Bio, Glycine Ozone, Glycine-Bio Pharmaplant;
- Solution for injection - Amilonosar, Nootropil, Pikamilon, Piracetam, Cerebrolysin;
- Solution for oral administration - Demanol, Kogitum, Cerakson, Tanakan;
- Nasal drops - Minicem, Semax;
- Syrup - Pantogam.
Before using analogues consult your doctor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
Vinpocetine cannot be stored longer than 5 years from the date of issue. Tablets and ampoules should be in a dry place inaccessible to children and the rays of the sun. Air temperature should not exceed 35 ° C.