Levamisole is the main active ingredient of Dekaris (sometimes Decoris is used incorrectly).
This is a multicomponent compound with pronounced anthelmintic and immunomodulatory properties. Thanks to their speed, these tablets for the worms for humans make it possible to get rid of the invasion in just a day - after a single dose. Levamisole paralyzes the muscle structure of the parasite, completely depriving it of motor functions
On this page you will find all the information about Dekaris: complete instructions for use for this drug, average prices in pharmacies, complete and incomplete analogues of the drug, as well as reviews of people who have already used Dekaris. Want to leave your opinion? Please write in the comments.
Pharmacy sales terms
It is released on prescription.
How much is Dekaris? The average price in pharmacies is 100 rubles.
Release form and composition
The medicine is produced in the form of tablets with a different dose:
- Dekaris for adults - in the composition of one tablet there is 150 mg of the active substance. It is flat, white, on the one hand there is an engraving of the name of the medicine. Additional components are determined by lactose, sucrose, talc, povdon, starch. Released in a carton on a tablet.
- Dekaris for children - each tablet contains 50 mg of levamisole. In appearance, they are flat, round with an orange tint and a slight apricot smell. Have a risk for separation. As auxiliary ingredients are present talc, dyes, starch, food additives, flavors. From the pharmacy is released in a carton of 2 tablets.
The drug Dekaris belongs to the group of synthetic anthelmintic agents and has a pronounced immunomodulatory property. As an active ingredient in the composition contains levamisole and other excipients.
Dekaris is a highly effective antiparasitic drug. Taking the drug is possible once, while causing paralysis of the parasite muscles in the human intestine, which leads to their complete destruction. Dead worms (worms) are mass excreted from the body over the next day.
Treatment with Dekaris effectively affects only parasites with a developed musculature - these are roundworms, pinworms and other similar helminths; these worms have a destructive effect. The preparation is not active against various tapeworms and flukes, as these parasites are firmly attached to the intestinal mucosa. The work of Dekaris immunomodulating is associated with the activation of blood cells such as monocytes, T-lymphocytes, neutrophils.
The high activity of such cells perfectly stimulates the body's immune system.
Indications for use
What helps Decaris? The drug is prescribed for infestation with parasites:
- Ascariasis (pathogens - ascaris);
- Enterobiozy (pathogens - pinworms);
- Toxoplasmosis (Toxoplasma pathogens);
- Strongyloidosis (pathogens - intestinal acne);
- Trichocephalosis (pathogens - clawing);
- Hookworm (ankilostomy pathogens);
- Necatoriosis (pathogens - necators);
- Trichostrongylosis (pathogens - nematodes).
The drug Decaris can be taken only after consulting a doctor and determining the causative agent of invasion. Before starting therapy, the patient should carefully study the enclosed instructions, since the drug has a number of contraindications:
- Severe renal or hepatic impairment;
- Gestation period in the first trimester;
- The age of children under 3 years;
- Individual intolerance to the components of the drug;
- Disorders of cerebral circulation;
- Breastfeeding period.
Use during pregnancy and lactation
Childbearing time and breastfeeding for a woman are contraindications for taking any antihelminthic drugs. During this period, infestation should be treated only by folk methods and according to Chichagov's system: herbs, tinctures, juices, onions and garlic, pumpkin seeds. If there are dangerous symptoms of enterobiosis and complications during lactation, when there is no other way out, how to take antiparasitic drugs, feeding should be stopped.
Assign Dekaris during pregnancy can only be a specialist - in case of emergency, when folk remedies are ineffective - and only in the third (less often - the second) trimester.
Instructions for use
The instructions for use indicated that Dekaris should be taken orally, after eating in the evening, with a small amount of water. There is no need for a special diet or laxatives.
- The drug is taken once. Adults are usually prescribed 1 tablet of 150 mg.
Children should take the drug based on age and weight:
- 3-6 years (from 10 to 20 kg) - 0.5-1 tablet, 50 mg each (25-50 mg);
- 6-10 years (from 20 to 30 kg) - 1-1.5 tablets of 50 mg each (50-75 mg);
- 10-14 years (from 30 to 40 kg) - 1.5-2 tablets of 50 mg (75-100 mg).
If necessary, after 1-2 weeks of taking Decaris can be repeated.
As a rule, the use of anthelmintic drugs is well tolerated by patients. But in some cases, if the instructions on the use of Dekaris tablets or due to the individual characteristics of the organism were not observed, this drug may cause side effects:
- Diarrhea, pain in the abdomen.
- High body temperature.
- Dizziness and headaches.
- Weakness, malaise, fatigue.
- Disturbed appetite.
- Nausea and vomiting.
- Changes in the composition of the cut.
- Allergic manifestations in the form of itching, rash, redness of the skin.
Admission Decaris can contribute to the development of such severe states as bleeding, leukopenia, myasthenia, swelling in the near-arbital part.
In severe cases of overdose, side effects such as cramping of limbs, angioedema, disorientation, and possible hallucinations are noted. Often there is a bad speech activity, coma.
Alcohol should not be consumed during and after taking the drug for 24 hours. There is insufficient evidence that levamisole, used as an anthelmintic agent, inhibits the nervous system.
Due to the fact that while taking the drug, transient, mild dizziness may occur, caution should be exercised when driving a car or when working with mechanisms during the entire course of treatment.
- Care is required when applying Dekaris with drugs that affect blood formation.
- At the same time taking the drug with alcohol disulfiram-like phenomena are observed.
- Dekaris cannot be used simultaneously with lipophilic drugs, such as carbon tetrachloride, tetrachlorethylene, henopodium oil, chloroform or ether, since its toxicity may increase.
- While taking the drug with coumarin-like anticoagulants, the prothrombin time may increase, so you need to adjust the dose of oral anticoagulant. Dekaris increases the level of phenytoin in the blood, the poet, while applying them simultaneously, must control the level of phenytoin in the blood.
We picked up real reviews of people about the drug Decaris:
- Natalia. In 2013, I decided to drink the “Decaris” course according to the following scheme: (1 table, a second week later and another tablet a week later), so after the second pill the temperature rose, I barely got home from work, I did not have the strength to stand 5 stops in a minibus I wanted to lie on the floor. The temperature was high for more than a week, paracetomol took 7 days and almost 39.5 degrees stayed all the time without falling. The week was on sick leave, weakness and dizziness due to high temperature - this is understandable, there were no other side effects. The third pill (according to the scheme I did not dare to drink, after my recovery. But what’s interesting is that since 2013 I have never suffered ANYTHING, although I constantly used to have flu with high fever, nozzles, cough and other “joys” of the cold in the spring and autumn. This is how it is about my experience. This year I’m thinking of trying to drink Dekaris again.
- Irina. About the fact that the drug is strong, I agree, it is terribly harmful to the body. I took it for a whole pill, I immediately began to feel sick, vomiting appeared, dizzy. As the doctor later said, poisoning occurred with the worms of the worms, when they started to die, they spray poisonous substances into the body, and such effects appeared from them.
- Anton. I drank a pill all the rules. nothing hurt, not nauseated. At the exit of parasites it was not noticed) I added a quarter of children's decaris to the cat in the feed, the next day I was horrified by what I saw. A bunch of long worms in feces, fierce horror. Now I do not know how to be friends with a cat (I see in it, a Trojan, a cat with aliens in the intestines.
- Kseniya. I read a lot of bad reviews about this decaris. She was very afraid for her health, but the deed was done. After drinking a tablet, I climbed into the Internet to read reviews. Many wrote that the side effects begin within an hour after taking this medication (vomiting, dizziness, even the sense of smell was disturbed, which completely frightened me). In general, I took a pill 150 mg (and I drank it for prevention) and lay waiting for side effects. An hour passed, a couple of hours, but they did not come. The only thing I encountered after taking decaris is insomnia, but I sin on the fact that it is from excitement. I don’t know why I didn’t have a side job, but I am very glad. Maybe because inside I did not have “enemies”, and maybe because one pill is not enough for my weight. I write and think to repeat the procedure. In general, I can’t say anything bad.
According to reviews of parasitologists about the drug Dekaris, it can be concluded that such an anthelmintic agent is common and is often used in medical practice in the treatment of helminthic invasion in adults and children. Such widespread use is due to the fact that the tool is well tolerated and rarely causes side effects while respecting the dosage and course of therapy.
Many doctors emphasize the speed of treatment and the high absorption of the active component in the gastrointestinal tract. Also, this drug can be used not only for therapeutic purposes, but in the prevention of parasitic infections.
Among the analogues of Decaris, having a similar therapeutic effect include the following drugs:
- Pyrantel - an effective remedy for worms. The drug is able to quickly destroy all types of worms that live in the human body, also worms.
- Vermox - an antimicrobial drug, fights helminths, human ascaris, is effective in enterobiasis, and also cures trichocephalosis.
- Zentel - a drug with a broad spectrum of action, has an antiprotozoal effect, effectively fights against all types of worms.
- Nemozol - an effective remedy for worms. Due to the active substance albendazole, the worms in the worms disrupt the level of tubulin in the blood, as a result of which the synthesis in the cells is disturbed, glucose is excreted, which leads to the death of the parasites.
Before using analogues consult your doctor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
Keep out of the reach of children. Store at a temperature of 15 to 30 ° C. Shelf life - 5 years.
Use of the drug after the expiration date indicated on the package is strictly prohibited.