Iodinol is a drug whose main composition includes iodine, calcium iodide, and polyvinyl alcohol.
The drug has antiseptic, anti-inflammatory properties and a unique therapeutic effect. Use the drug in the treatment of angina, rhinitis, tonsillitis, various types of pharyngitis. In addition, the drug is effective in the occurrence of purulent wounds after surgery, as well as chemical-type burns in the area of the gastrointestinal tract.
On this page you will find all the information about Iodinol: complete instructions for use for this drug, average prices in pharmacies, complete and incomplete analogues of the drug, as well as reviews of people who have already used Iodinol. Want to leave your opinion? Please write in the comments.
Clinical and pharmacological group
The drug has an antiseptic effect.
Pharmacy sales terms
It is released without a prescription.
How much is iodinol? The average price in pharmacies is at 25 rubles.
Release form and composition
According to the instructions Iodinol produced in the form of an alcohol solution for external use. Implemented in dark plastic bottles of 100 milliliters, placed in cardboard packaging.
- The composition of 100 ml of solution includes 0.1 grams of iodine, 0.3 grams of potassium iodide and 0.9 grams of polyvinyl alcohol.
The drug Iodinol is capable of providing an antiseptic effect, since iodine elementary constituent has pronounced antimicrobial properties.
In a high concentration of iodine has the effect of cauterization on the tissue and in moderate its effect will be pronounced locally irritating, due to its ability to precipitate tissue proteins. After absorption into the blood, both iodine and iodides act in the same way. Their effect is most pronounced on the functionality of the thyroid gland, they also help to slow down the blood's ability to coagulate and reduce its speed.
With atherosclerosis, iodine reduces the concentration of cholesterol in the blood; in the syphilitic gums, iodine leads to a process of softening and resorption; in the foci of tuberculosis, iodine increases the inflammatory process; in large doses, iodine inhibits lactation.
Indications for use
What helps? According to the instructions for iodinol, this tool can be applied:
- Externally - for the treatment of wounds, abrasions, injuries, infectious and inflammatory skin lesions, myositis, myalgia, neuralgia, inflammatory infiltrates.
- Inside - for the treatment of tertiary syphilis, for the prevention and treatment of atherosclerosis.
- Locally - for the treatment of atrophic rhinitis, purulent otitis, varicose and trophic ulcers, stomatitis, chronic tonsillitis and periodontitis, wounds, burns infected, thermal and chemical burns of I-II degrees.
In addition, Iodinol is used to disinfect skin during injections, punctures and catheterization, as well as for antiseptic treatment of the surgical field, edges of wounds and fingers of a surgeon.
Contraindications for external and topical application of iodinol solution is the individual intolerance to iodine or polyvinyl alcohol, which are part of the preparation. Intake of the drug is excluded in the case of the presence of comorbidity, which includes:
- Adenoma of the thyroid gland.
- Nephrosis - dystrophic pathology of the kidneys.
- Pulmonary tuberculosis.
- Nephritis is an inflammation of the kidneys.
- Children's age up to 5 years.
- Chronic pyoderma - purulent bacterial lesion of the skin.
- Hemorrhagic diathesis - increased bleeding.
- Furunculosis is a purulent-inflammatory lesion of the hair follicles.
- Urticaria - the presence of an allergic reaction with characteristic rashes in the form of nettle burns.
Before starting external use or ingestion of iodinol solution, you should make sure that there are no contraindications.
Use during pregnancy and lactation
The use of iodinol during pregnancy is contraindicated.
Instructions for use
The instructions for use indicated that Iodinol is used topically and externally.
The scheme of use of the drug is determined by the indications:
- Purulent otitis: 5-8 drops daily buried in the ear (ears); course - 14-28 days.
- Chronic tonsillitis: 50 ml of the solution is washed in the super-tonsillar space and lacunae of the tonsils; the course is 4-5 washes with an interval of 2-3 days.
- Trophic and varicose ulcers, purulent wound surfaces and infected burns, purulent fistulas: apply gauze loose dressings soaked in a solution.
- Atrophic rhinitis: 2-3 times a week, inhaled into the cavity of the pharynx and nose (after preliminary softening and removal of crusts); course - 2-3 months.
Iodinol: instructions for use for gargling
To prepare the solution, it is necessary to take a glass of warm water and dilute one tablespoon of the preparation in it. To prepare its safe concentration, Iodinol can be added to the water drop by drop before the liquid acquires a yellowish tint.
In the acute course of the disease, which is accompanied by strong pain, rinse is prescribed every four hours. With moderate severity of sore throat, you can limit yourself to rinsing three times a day.
Not less effective is the lubrication of the tonsils with a solution of Iodinol several times a day for five days. This can be done using a pencil with a cotton swab around it, which can then be moistened with a solution. The effect of this method of treatment may occur in two or three days.
The use of Iodinol sometimes causes the effect of iodism, expressed in irritation of the mucous membranes of the mouth and nose, allergic reactions. After prolonged use of the drug, symptoms such as rhinitis, rashes, saliva and tearing are sometimes observed.
If Iodinol gets inside, burns of the esophagus and stomach are possible.
With the recommended topical application of the drug in the oral cavity or pharynx, overdose cases were not observed. However, if the solution is swallowed, the development of acute poisoning is possible.
- Symptoms: first there is a metallic taste in the mouth, vomiting, stomach pain and diarrhea are possible. During 1-3 days anuria, swelling of the glottis with the following asphyxia, aspiration pneumonia or pulmonary edema is observed. In some cases, severe circulatory disorders are possible.
- Treatment: symptomatic. The patient is given to drink milk or brewed starch. Conduct a gastric lavage. It is necessary to use activated carbon and 1-5% sodium thiosulfate solution. There is no specific antidote.
- The decomposition of active iodine accelerates light and high temperature (more than 40 ºС).
- When applying Iodinol, care should be taken to prevent the solution from getting into the eyes.
- The antiseptic effect of iodine reduces the acidic and alkaline environment, the presence of pus, blood and fat, and iodine reduces the strumogenic and hypothyroid effect of lithium preparations.
- It is prohibited to simultaneously use iodine preparations with ammonia solutions, white sedimentary mercury and essential oils, since such combinations are pharmacologically incompatible.
- Dilute Iodinol is necessary immediately before use, because the diluted solution is not subject to long-term storage.
Iodinol is incompatible with essential oils, ammonia solutions, white sedimentary mercury. Alkaline or acidic environment, the presence of pus, blood and fat affect its antiseptic activity weakening.
We picked up some reviews of people about the drug Iodinol:
- Natalia. She learned how to treat angina in two days, since children often suffer from tonsillitis, the recipe is very simple, you need to wrap cotton wool on a pencil, tie it with thread, dip it in iodinol, and smear throat. The youngest child is only nine months old, so the treatment process is much more difficult. During the procedure, three times a day, there is no trace of a sore throat every other day. Iodinol is recommended to anyone who does not help conventional medicine in the treatment of colds, the advantage of the drug is also affordable price.
- Marina. Iodinol, which has a penny value, is able to bring maximum benefit to everyone. The popular name for the medicinal solution is blue iodine, which is tenderly interpreted in our family as a synevchik. The drug treats us for many ailments and I, not imagining how to do without it, always stock up on them for the future. I can recommend it for female diseases, for the treatment of children and for everyday injuries of the skin and other sores. Cheap, efficient, reliable.
- Olga At the end of the first trimester of pregnancy, I was crushed by a cough and sore throat. What can I say, panic from the understanding that no drugs can be taken during this period, and my throat was sore - horror! The ENT prescribed rinsing with Yodinol. She said: "The best means has not yet been invented. The main thing is not to swallow it!" The very next day the pain almost disappeared.
100% similar in composition to iodinol drug does not exist. Similar in pharmacological action are:
- Iodine as a wound healing agent with antiseptic properties;
- Lugol - for the treatment of stomatitis and throat diseases;
- Boric acid - with otitis;
- Vitaon - used to treat sore throats, burns, respiratory diseases, skin lesions, etc .;
- Doxycycline is an antibiotic used to treat diseases of the upper respiratory tract;
- Yodditserin - a broad spectrum antiseptic.
Before using analogues consult your doctor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
Store the drug is recommended out of the reach of children and protected from light at a temperature of 0 ° C.
Shelf life is 3 years.