Novigan - a combined drug with analgesic, antispasmodic and anti-inflammatory action.
Ibuprofen is part of several properties - it relieves pain, reduces inflammation and fever. In gynecology, it is used to reduce pressure inside the uterus and reduce the number of contractions.
A positive effect has the active substance Pitofenone hydrochloride, which relaxes smooth muscles, as well as fenpiverinium bromide, which is also an active component of Novigan.
Clinical and pharmacological group
Pharmacy sales terms
It is released without a doctor's prescription.
How much does Novigan cost in pharmacies? The average price is at 120 rubles.
Release form and composition
Dosage form - tablets, film-coated: round, convex on both sides, white, on one side of the stamping "NOVIGAN" (10 pieces in a blister, 1 or 2 blisters in a cardboard box).
Active substances in the tablet:
- Ibuprofen - 400 mg;
- Pitofenone hydrochloride - 5 mg;
- Fenpiverinium bromide - 0.1 mg.
Additional substances: glycerol, microcrystalline cellulose, magnesium stearate, corn starch, talc and colloidal silicon dioxide.
The composition of the film shell: macrogol 6000, hypromellose 6 cps, polysorbate 80, titanium dioxide, sorbic acid, dimethicone, talc.
The drug is a complex tool that can relieve inflammation, provide analgesic, antispasmodic effect. It inhibits the production of prostaglandin. Among the components are fenpiverinium bromide, which acts as a m-anticholinergic agent, pitofenone hydrochloride, which has a myotropic antispasmodic effect, ibuprofen, which is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agent.
Fenpiverinium bromide relaxes smooth muscles due to anticholinergic properties. Pitofenone hydrochloride has a myotropic effect on the musculature of the internal organs, relaxing it, removing spasms. Ibuprofen, which is derived from phenylpropionic acid, relieves fever, inflammation, and inhibits the production of prostaglandins, which are responsible for thermoregulation, inflammation, and pain. The drug has an impact on the central nervous system, peripheral tissues.
In women with primary dysmenorrhea, the content of prostaglandins in the myometrium decreases, the endometrial pressure and heart rate decrease. Acting together, the components of the drug reinforce each other. They are easily absorbed by the intestines, reaching a maximum content in the blood after 1-2 hours. Almost all of ibuprofen is bundled with plasma proteins, is processed by the liver, goes out with urine. The drug goes along with the bile.
Indications for use
What helps? Novigan is used to relieve weak or moderate pains in spasms of smooth muscles of internal organs. It is recommended for use with biliary, renal colic, biliary duct dyskinesia, as well as with strong menstrual pain. In addition, it is effective for myalgia, radiculitis, neuralgia, moderate or severe pain in the joints, bursitis, tendonitis. The drug quickly relieves toothache, headache (this list includes migraine).
Novigan received positive reviews in the treatment of colds, infectious and inflammatory diseases. This tool reduces the temperature and reduces fever.
Contraindications to the use of Novigan are the children's age up to 16 years, the period of pregnancy and lactation, as well as the individual intolerance of any component included in the preparation. In appointing the drug should also take into account information about the intolerance of acetylsalicylic acid in history.
Also, the use of Novigan is contraindicated in the following diseases, disorders and conditions:
- acute intermittent porphyria;
- deficiency of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase;
- angle-closure glaucoma;
- prostatic hyperplasia;
- intestinal obstruction, gastrointestinal bleeding, erosive and ulcerative injuries of the mucous membrane of the stomach and duodenum, ulcerative colitis and other inflammatory bowel diseases occurring in the acute stage;
- hepatic and / or renal failure, as well as progressive kidney disease;
- dysfunctions of the hemopoietic system, hemophilia and other bleeding disorders, hemorrhagic diathesis;
- confirmed hyperkalemia;
- diseases of the optic nerve.
The drug should be prescribed with caution to the following categories of patients:
- elderly patients;
- patients with diabetes, dyslipidemia or hyperlipidemia, nephrotic syndrome, severe somatic diseases;
- patients with blood disorders;
- patients suffering from congestive heart failure, arterial hypertension, cerebrovascular diseases, coronary heart disease, diseases of the peripheral arteries;
- patients with Helicobacter pylori infection, gastritis, colitis, enteritis, gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer history;
- in patients with hyperbilirubinemia and creatinine Cl levels between 30 and 60.
Novigan's application should be limited in dosage and frequency of treatment in the treatment of patients suffering from nicotine and alcohol dependence, as well as taking antiplatelet agents, anticoagulants, SSRIs and oral GCS.
Use during pregnancy and lactation
During pregnancy, the drug is contraindicated (especially should refrain from use in the first trimester and in the last six weeks of pregnancy), and Novigan is not recommended during breastfeeding.
Dosage and method of use
The instructions for use indicate that Novigan is taken orally, 1 hour before or 3 hours after a meal. In order to avoid irritating the stomach, you can take the drug immediately after a meal or drink milk.
- In the absence of specific doctor's instructions, it is recommended to take with spastic pains on 1 tab. up to 3 times / day. The maximum daily dose - 3 tab. Do not exceed the specified dose!
The course of treatment with Novigan, without consulting a doctor, should not exceed 5 days. Longer use is possible under the supervision of a physician with monitoring of peripheral blood and the functional state of the liver.
In the case of taking the drug in the recommended dosage side effects should not occur.
- For the hepatic system: hepatitis.
- For the respiratory system: bronchospasm, shortness of breath.
- For the cardiovascular system: tachycardia, increased blood pressure, heart failure.
- For peripheral and central nervous system: anxiety, dizziness, confusion, insomnia, irritability and nervousness, depression, hallucinations, psychomotor agitation, headache, drowsiness, and aseptic meningitis, which is most often observed in patients suffering from autoimmune diseases.
- For the digestive tract: pain in the mouth, aphthous stomatitis, ulceration of the mucous membrane of the gastrointestinal tract, sometimes complicated by bleeding and perforation, ulceration of the mucous membrane of the gums, NSAID gastropathy (nausea, heartburn, vomiting, loss of appetite, abdominal pain, flatulence, diarrhea, constipation) dryness and irritation of the mucous membrane, pancreatitis may appear in the oral cavity.
- For the senses: visual impairment - blurred visual perception, irritation and dryness of the eyes, scotoma, eyelid edema and conjunctiva, accommodation paresis, as well as hearing impairment - its deterioration, as well as ringing or tinnitus.
With a significant excess of the recommended therapeutic dose of pills Novigan develops abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, heartburn, flatulence, lethargy, drowsiness, headache, metabolic acidosis (displacement of the reaction of the blood to the acidic side), acute renal failure, impaired consciousness until coma develops , decrease in the level of systemic arterial pressure, disturbance of the rhythm and frequency of contractions of the heart, disturbance of respiration, up to its absence.
Treatment of an overdose with Novigan pills consists in washing the stomach, intestines, taking intestinal sorbents (activated carbon), and also conducting symptomatic therapy in a medical hospital.
Before you start using the drug, read the specific instructions:
- During the period of treatment should refrain from taking alcohol.
- If it is necessary to determine the 17-ketosteroids, the drug should be discontinued 48 hours before the study.
- With long-term use, it is necessary to control the pattern of peripheral blood and the functional state of the liver and kidneys.
- To reduce the risk of adverse events from the gastrointestinal tract should use the minimum effective dose. When symptoms of gastropathy appear, careful monitoring is shown, including esophagogastroduodenoscopy, blood tests with hemoglobin and hematocrit, and fecal occult blood analysis.
During the period of treatment, the patient should refrain from practicing potentially hazardous activities that require increased concentration and psychomotor speed.
When using the drug, you must consider the interaction with other drugs:
- Enhances the hypoglycemic effect of sulfonylurea derivatives.
- Antacids and colestyramine reduce the absorption of ibuprofen.
- The drug increases the concentration of digoxin, lithium preparations, methotrexate in the blood.
- Enhances the action of m-holinoblokatorov, histamine H1 receptor blockers, butyrophenones, phenothiazines, amantadine and quinidine.
- The simultaneous appointment of other NSAIDs increases the frequency of side effects.
- Caffeine enhances the analgesic effect.
- In therapeutic doses, the drug Novigan does not enter into significant interactions with widely used drugs.
- Inhibitors of microsomal oxidation reduce the risk of hepatotoxic action.
- The drug reduces the hypotensive activity of vasodilators and the natriuretic effect of furosemide and hydrochlorothiazide.
- Cefamandol, cefoperazone, cefotetan, valproic acid, plykamytsin increase the incidence of hypoprothrombinemia with simultaneous appointment.
- Myelotoxic drugs increase the hematotoxicity of the drug.
- Cyclosporine and gold preparations enhance the effect of ibuprofen on the synthesis of prostaglandins in the kidneys, which is manifested by an increase in nephrotoxicity.
- Ibuprofen increases the plasma concentration of cyclosporine and the likelihood of its hepatotoxic effects.
- The inducers of microsomal oxidation enzymes in the liver (phenytoin, ethanol, barbiturates, flumecinol, rifampicin, phenylbutazone, tricyclic antidepressants) increase the production of hydroxylated active metabolites, increasing the risk of developing severe intoxications.
- Reduces the effectiveness of uricosuric drugs.
- It enhances the effect of indirect anticoagulants, antiplatelet agents, fibrinolytics (which increases the risk of bleeding).
- Strengthens the side effects of mineralocorticoids, glucocorticoids (increases the risk of gastrointestinal bleeding), estrogen, ethanol.
- With the simultaneous appointment reduces the anti-inflammatory and antiplatelet effect of acetylsalicylic acid (it is possible to increase the incidence of acute coronary insufficiency in patients receiving small doses of acetylsalicylic acid as an antiplatelet agent after starting the drug Novigan).
- Drugs that block tubular secretion, reduce excretion and increase the plasma concentration of ibuprofen.
We picked up some reviews of people using the drug Novigan:
- Irina. Tormented wild pain during menstruation. Once these pills were advised. Now I save only them. Drunk for earlier. I sit and enjoy. Went to the third hour ~ still act.
- Marina. Saw Novigan from toothache, was able to safely live up to the reception of the dentist. Another remedy well helps me in exacerbation of migraine. During the day I drink 2 pills, the next day the headache does not bother. I did not have any side effects from the drug, and ibuprofen has already established itself as a strong analgesic component.
- Oleg. Once I was given Novigan as a painkiller. Of course, he helped, but then I suffered a long time with a stomach from a side effect. It is better to find a remedy that is suitable for the body and less harmful, otherwise you can get rid of one and earn another problem.
Structural analogues of the active substance:
Analogs on the therapeutic effect (means for the treatment of migraine):
- Xantinol nicotinate;
- MIG 200;
- Nurofen for children;
- Suma migren;
- Upsarin UPSA;
- Sedative (sedative) collection;
- Tsefekon D;
Before using analogues consult your doctor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
The shelf life of tablets is 5 years from the date of their manufacture. The drug should be stored in the original factory packaging, dark, dry, out of the reach of children at air temperature not higher than + 25 ° C.