Novobismol is an anti-ulcer drug with bactericidal activity against Helicobacter pylori.
Differs pronounced astringent and anti-inflammatory action. Belongs to the group of enveloping and antacid agents based on bismuth.
Promotes the growth of the epidermis in the area of the defect. It is used to treat ulcerative conditions of the stomach, duodenum, chronic forms of gastritis and gastroduodenitis, functional dyspepsia.
A drug that has a protective effect on the mucous membrane of the stomach and duodenum. Anti-ulcer drug.
Pharmacy sales terms
It is released without a prescription.
How much does Novobismol cost in pharmacies? The average price is at the level of 380 rubles.
Release form and composition
Novobismol is produced in the form of biconvex round tablets, film-coated cream-white. Tablets have a subtle ammonia smell or have no odor at all. Each box contains 112 or 56 tablets placed in blisters (8 pieces each). Pharmacies are available without a prescription.
1 tablet of the drug contains bismuth tri-potassium dicitrate in the amount of 304.6 mg. In terms of bismuth oxide - 120 mg. Auxiliary substances include: corn starch (for structure formation), povidone (enterosorbent), macrogol (laxative), potassium polyacrylate (preservative), magnesium stearate (filler).
It is an anti-ulcer drug with bactericidal activity to H.pylori. It has astringent effect, besides it has anti-inflammatory properties. In the gastric acidic environment, insoluble citrate and bismuth oxychloride precipitate, the formation of chelate compounds with a protein substrate in the form of a protective film on erosions and ulcers.
It contributes to an increase in the synthesis of prostaglandin E, the formation of mucus, as well as the secretion of bicarbonate, and thus stimulates the activity of cytoprotective mechanisms, increasing the resistance of the gastrointestinal tract to the effects of bile salts, enzymes, hydrochloric acid and pepsin. Provides accumulation in the defective zone of growth of the epidermal factor. Helps reduce pepsinogen and pepsin.
Indications for use
Among the indications for use of funds Novobismol allocate a variety of diseases of the digestive tract. These include:
- functional dyspepsia;
- peptic ulcer and 12 duodenal ulcers, including the acute stage;
- exacerbation of chronic gastritis, gastroduodenitis;
- irritable bowel syndrome with diarrhea symptoms.
Novobismol tablets are contraindicated:
- during lactation;
- during pregnancy;
- if the patient has an individual intolerance to the main active and auxiliary components of the drug;
- for disorders of the kidneys;
- children's age up to 4 years.
Use during pregnancy and lactation
The active substance does not possess teratogenic, mutagenic and embryotoxic properties, but there is not enough data confirming its absolute safety for the fetus. In this regard, this anti-ulcer remedy is contraindicated for women in the period of gestation (at any time).
If necessary, a course of therapy during lactation raises the question of the transfer of the baby to artificial feeding.
Dosage and method of use
The instructions for use indicate that Novobishmol tablets should be taken with a small amount of water.
- Children aged 8 to 12 years, the drug is prescribed for 1 tab. 2 times / day for 30 minutes before meals; children aged 4 to 8 years - at a dose of 8 mg / kg / day; the daily dosage is divided into 2 doses, taken 30 minutes before meals.
- Adults and children over 12 years old are prescribed 1 tablet each. 3 times / day for 30 minutes before meals and 1 tab. at night or 2 tab. 2 times / day for 30 minutes before meals.
Duration of treatment is 4-8 weeks. For the next 8 weeks, do not use bismuth containing products. For the eradication of Helicobacter pylori, it is advisable to use bismuth tri-potassium dicitrate in combination with other antibacterial agents with anti-helicobacter activity.
Side effects in patients taking Novobismol are rare. However, in some cases the following reactions are possible:
- Allergic: redness of the skin, itching, rash.
- On the part of the gastrointestinal tract: transient effects - vomiting, constipation, nausea, increased stool. Such phenomena are temporary and not dangerous to health.
- Others: encephalopathy is the result of accumulation of bismuth in the central nervous system. Occurs with prolonged uncontrolled use of the drug.
During application, staining of feces may be black. This is due to the formation of bismuth sulphide. In rare cases, there is a slight darkening of the tongue.
In case of an overdose of Novobysmol, as a result of prolonged use of doses that are more than the recommended ones, renal function may be impaired. These symptoms are completely reversible if the drug is withdrawn. If there are signs of poisoning with this drug, you should flush the stomach, take saline laxatives, in addition, and activated charcoal.
Further therapy should be symptomatic. If there is a violation of renal function, which is accompanied by a high content of bismuth in the blood plasma, complexing agents should be introduced, that is, dimercaptopropanesulfonic and dimercaptosuccinic acids. With severe impairment of renal function, hemodialysis is indicated.
Before you start using the drug, read the specific instructions:
- The drug should not be used for more than 8 weeks.
- During the period of treatment should not use other drugs containing bismuth.
- When using the drug Novobysmol, feces may be stained in a dark color due to the formation of bismuth sulphide. Sometimes there is a slight darkening of the tongue.
- At the end of the course of treatment with the drug in recommended doses, the concentration of the active active ingredient in the blood plasma does not exceed 3-5.8 µg / l, and intoxication is observed only at concentrations above 100 µg / l.
- It is also not recommended during treatment with Novobismol to exceed the prescribed daily doses for adults and children.
- When disposing of unused product packaging special precautions are required.
The drug does not affect the ability to drive a car and other mechanisms.
For the first 30 minutes after taking Novobismol, other medicines, liquids, foods, especially those containing antacids, fruits, fruit juices and milk, are not allowed inside.
Some drugs and products may affect the therapeutic efficacy of Novobismol.
We picked up some reviews of people using the drug Novobismol:
- Tatyana. Last year, she underwent a course of treatment with nobismol, put acute gastritis. A good drug, quickly removed the pain, a feeling of nausea. The fact that the prescribed treatment helped, was also convinced on repeated FGDS. During treatment, he complied with all recommendations of the doctor, and on diet as well. Now I can afford to eat everything, but I still try to adhere to proper nutrition.
- Peter. Even in the army, I earned myself gastritis, which has become chronic. Exacerbations occur rarely, but always suddenly and cause great discomfort. To cope with them, I drink Novobismol tablets, which the doctor advised me. True, they have become weaker in effect than before, can the body become accustomed? I will look for another effective tool.
- Kirill. He constantly took denol from gastritis, but he disappeared from one of our pharmacies, they say that because of the sanctions, it was imported. Well, okay. After the holidays, his stomach ached again. I went to my doctor, asked what I could replace, prescribed Novobismol, one-on-one composition, bought 56 pill packages for two weeks until, on the third day, my stomach stopped hurting, although some discomfort remained, for complete recovery, you need to drink the entire course, at least 28 days. He did so, strictly by the hour, though not 4 times a day, but two times two tablets per toshchak. I finished the course of treatment, I do not feel any discomfort in my stomach.
There are a number of analogues of the considered drug, similar to him in the active composition. These include:
- Ankrusal, Venter, Ulgastran - sucralfate-based gastroprotectors;
- Alsukral is an anti-ulcer medication;
- Ventrisol - direct analogue of the drug;
- Bismuth tri-potassium dicitrate - a direct substitute for tablets;
- Bismuth nitrate - a combined anti-acid drug;
- Neointestan, Kaopektat - antidiarrheal adsorbents with attapulgite in the composition;
- Sukrat - gastroprotective gel;
- Sucralfate - antacid and absorbent based on aluminum complex;
- De-Nol is a structural analogue, completely identical in properties.
Before using analogues consult your doctor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
Packages with tablets should be stored in dark places with low humidity at a temperature not exceeding + 25 ° C.
If the storage rules are observed, the shelf life is 48 months.