Oftakviks eye drops is an ophthalmologic agent, the active component of which is levofloxacin, which has an antimicrobial effect on various groups of pathogenic microorganisms.
The drug is used in the treatment of eye infections caused by microorganisms sensitive to levofloxacin.
After use, levofloxacin is well fixed in the tear film. Usually the average concentration in the blood after 60 minutes after application is from 0.86-2.05 ng / ml. The highest concentration of levofloxacin in the blood is recorded on the fourth day after two days of using the drug eight times a day.
Antibacterial drug of the fluoroquinolone group for topical use in ophthalmology.
Pharmacy sales terms
It is released on prescription.
How much are drops of Oftakviks in pharmacies? The average price is at the level of 220 rubles.
Release form and composition
Dosage form - eye drops: light yellow or light greenish yellow solution (5 ml each in plastic bottles with a dropper tip, 1 bottle in a carton box).
- Active ingredient: levofloxacin hemihydrate, in 1 ml of the solution it contains 5.12 mg, which corresponds to the content of levofloxacin - 5 mg.
Additional components: water for injection, hydrochloric acid, sodium chloride, sodium hydroxide, benzalkonium chloride.
Antimicrobial broad-spectrum drug from the group of fluoroquinolones for use in ophthalmology.
Provides bactericidal activity against streptococci and staphylococci (including those resistant to penicillin), Klebsiella, E. coli, Corynebacterium diphtheria, mycobacterium (including TB), Haemophilus bacteria (including Ampicillin resistant), mycoplasma, chlamydia, gonococcus, Clostridium and etc.
Indications for use
What helps? Oftakviks has the following indications:
- Prevention of complications in the pre- and postoperative period after performing laser and surgical interventions on the eyes.
- Prevention and treatment of post-traumatic infectious complications in the eyeball and its appendages with or without foreign bodies.
- Superficial infections of the eye and its adnexa in patients older than 1 year (blepharoconjunctivitis, blepharitis, subacute and acute conjunctivitis, bacterial corneal ulcers, keratoconjunctivitis of bacterial etiology, keratitis, meybomites, chronic dacryocystitis).
- Period of pregnancy and lactation;
- Children's age up to 1 year;
- Hypersensitivity to the components Oftakviksa or other quinolone preparations series.
With extreme caution, the drug should be used in pediatrics.
Use during pregnancy and lactation
It is generally forbidden to use this drug during breastfeeding and pregnancy, but if a bacterial infection occurs, then on the advice of an ophthalmologist, you can choose a more benign local antibiotic.
Dosage and method of use
The instructions for use indicate that Oftakviks drops are used topically, instilled into the affected eye.
- During the first two days during the waking period - every 2 hours, 1-2 drops in the affected eye, up to 8 times / day. From the 3rd to the 5th day of treatment - 1-2 drops to the affected eye 4 times / day.
The duration of the course of treatment is determined by the doctor and is usually 5 days.
Against the background of the use of eye drops, Oftaquix can often develop a decrease in visual acuity, a burning sensation in the area of its application, the formation of mucous cords. Less common is chemosis (conjunctival swelling of the eye), blepharitis (inflammatory reaction of the eyelids), hyperemia (redness) of the conjunctiva and eyelid, the appearance of follicles (blisters) on the conjunctiva of the eye, dry eye syndrome, photophobia, irritation and local allergic reactions (rash, itching ).
The total amount of levofloxacin contained in a single vial of eye drops is too small to cause toxic reactions even after accidental ingestion.
After topical application of an excessive dose of eye drops, Oftakviks eyes should be washed with clean (tap) water at room temperature.
Before you start using the drug, read the specific instructions:
- Eye drops Oftakviks can not be administered subconjunctivally and directly into the anterior chamber of the eye.
- With the simultaneous use of other ophthalmic agents, the interval between instillations should be at least 15 minutes.
- To avoid contamination of the dropper tip and the solution, do not touch the dropper tip to the periorbital tissues.
Due to the presence of benzalkonium chloride in the composition of the drug, eye drops should not be used while wearing hydrophilic (soft) contact lenses.
Special studies on the interaction of eye drops Oftakviks not conducted.
Since the maximum concentration of levofloxacin in plasma after topical application in the eye is at least 1000 times lower than after taking standard oral doses, interaction with other drugs characteristic of systemic use is most likely clinically insignificant.
Reviews report satisfaction with the result of drug treatment by the vast majority of patients who used Oftakviks as prescribed by a doctor.
Among the disadvantages most often noted the high price of this drug.
The most common analogues are: L-Optic Rompharm, Sinnicef, OD-Levox, Zimaxid, Ophthalmodec, Powisep, Tsiborat-Oftan, Posiformin.
Before using analogues consult your doctor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
The shelf life of eye drops of Oftakviks is 3 years from the date of manufacture. The drug should be stored in its original packaging, dark, dry, out of reach of children at air temperature not higher than + 25 ° C.
After opening the bottle, the drug can be used for a period of time not more than 1 month.