Spregal (Spregal) - a drug used in dermatological practice for the treatment of demodicosis and scabies.
Contains several active ingredients at once: piperonyl butoxide and esdepalletrin. Both are endowed with insecticidal properties. Esdepalletrin - a specific poison that affects the membranes, nerve cells of insects. Piperonil helps to enhance the effect of the drug. Along with this, the excipients are added to the composition of the aerosol: ethyl alcohol, esbiol, diethylene glycol, oleic ether.
24 hours after the use of the drug, the concentration of its components in the blood plasma is minimal, and in some cases is not determined. 48 hours after Sprehal was applied, no traces of its components were detected in the patient's blood plasma.
Drug for the treatment of scabies.
Terms of sale from pharmacies
Can be bought without a doctor's prescription.
How much is Spregal in pharmacies? The average price in 2018 is at the level of 1,000 rubles.
Composition and release form
Available in aerosol form in cylinders under pressure. The principle of Sprehal is based on the destruction of parasites that cause scabies, insecticidal substances with the support of auxiliary components:
- esdepalletrin (main poison);
- piperonyl butoxide (as a poison acts weakly, but significantly enhances the action of esdepalletrin);
- diethylene glycol;
- oleic ester.
This composition allows the agent to quickly be absorbed into the skin immediately after application with minimal loss in the form of fumes. At the same time, the maximum concentration of the main active substances is reached 2 hours after application, and after two days (48 hours) Spregal is completely excreted from the body, it is no longer detected in the samples of the biomaterial.
The action of the neurotoxic poison of esdepalletrin is in disrupting the transport of sodium, potassium ions, preventing the transfer of magnesium, calcium cells through the insect cell, disrupting the balance of cations in the cell and the extracellular environment. The components of the drug enter the body through the skin, 2 hours after the treatment, the maximum concentration of the drug in the blood is reached.
One day after application to the skin, Spregal components are detected in trace amounts. The drug is completely eliminated from the body after two days.
Indications for use
Spregal is intended for the treatment of scabies of any localization in adults and children, including:
- scabies "clean";
- pseudo scabs;
- Norwegian and others
It is also used for itching bathers and demodicosis.
Evaluation of the effectiveness of scabies treatment
This test was conducted by the Central Skin and Venereological Research Institute of the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation.
The test involved 29 patients aged 3-74 years (12 women, 11 men, 6 children). The duration of the disease ranged from 3 days to 5 months. All patients, and people living with them, had characteristic symptoms of scabies. One of the main symptoms is the presence of scabies in places characteristic of scabies (hands, forearms, abdominal region, thighs, buttocks, genitals).
After taking a shower, the spregal was sprayed all over the skin from top to bottom, then changed clothes and bedding. After 12 hours, the subjects again took a shower and put on clean linen. The results of the tests showed clinical recovery in all patients. Side effects or complications were observed. Two children felt a slight burning and itching for 5-7 days after the procedure. In 4 patients within 10-12 days, signs of nodular scabies were detected, accompanied by swelling and itching. They were prescribed antipruritic drugs (chloropyramine, clemensin, loratadine) and steroid gels in combination with neutral creams.
During regular examinations of the subjects during the subsequent month, no complications related to the treatment with the drug Spregal were detected. The complete disappearance of the rash in all patients was recorded at 5-8 days after a single procedure. Before and after the study, tests were conducted for the presence of scabby itchiness, blood and urine tests. Tolerability was good.
The results of the study led to the conclusion about the high efficacy and safety of the drug. In comparison with other scabies preparations used in medical practice (benzyl benzoate, sulfuric ointment, Demianovich solution, etc.), spray spray has a therapeutic effect at any stage of the disease, destroying adult ticks, larvae and eggs. In this case, a positive effect was observed in both adults and children with a single procedure. Spregal is easy to use, normally tolerated by all groups of patients, does not provoke adverse reactions and complications. One bottle is enough for the treatment of 2-4 persons.
- bronchial asthma;
- bronchitis, accompanied by bronchial obstruction;
- intolerance to the components of the drug.
In the first two cases, the drug is contraindicated for use only in the form of a spray. In this case, you can treat the skin with a swab soaked in spregalem.
Appointment during pregnancy and lactation
It can be taken during pregnancy, only if the expected benefit exceeds the possible risk. During lactation Spregal is not applicable.
Dosage and method of use
As indicated in the instructions for use, it is preferable to start the drug treatment in the evening (after 18-19 h), so that Spregal acts during the night. After applying the drug should not wash. Before use, shake the bottle thoroughly. By spraying the drug is carefully applied to the surface of the body (except the skin of the face and head) at a distance of 20-30 cm from the skin surface.
The drug is first applied to the body, and then on the limbs (the treated areas begin to shine). Particularly carefully, the drug is applied between the fingers, legs, in the armpits, perineum, on all folds and affected areas and left on the skin for 12 hours. After 12 hours, you should thoroughly wash with soap and dry.
As a rule, a single application of Spregal is sufficient. However, it must be borne in mind that even if the treatment is effective, itching and other symptoms may be observed for another 8-10 days. If after this period the symptoms persist, you can apply the drug again.
When treating children and newborns while spraying the drug, it is necessary to cover their nose and mouth with a napkin; in the case of a diaper change, the entire area of the buttocks must be reprocessed. With the localization of scratching on the face they are treated with a cotton swab moistened with Spregal.
In some cases, local reactions are possible (a slight burning sensation that passes on its own after a while).
No cases of drug overdose have been reported.
Before use, read the special instructions:
- The preparation should be sprayed in a well ventilated area.
- One bottle of the drug Spregal is enough for the treatment of 3-4 people.
- In order to avoid secondary infection, it is necessary to treat the bed and clothes.
- Avoid getting the drug in the eyes and mucous membranes. In case of accidental contact with eyes, rinse thoroughly with warm water.
- The drug is contraindicated in bronchial asthma, obstructive bronchitis only because of the aerosol form. In this case, it is possible to apply the drug to the skin with a cotton swab moistened with Spregal.
Interaction with other drugs
Data on drug interactions with Spregal with other topical medications are not described, however, if the patient needs to apply some ointment or cream to the skin, then this should be done after taking a shower and rinsing Spregal from the skin surface.
We offer you to read the reviews of people who used the drug Spregal:
- Andrew. This is a great outdoor tool, although there are plenty of other substitutes that are cheap. Yes, the medicine is expensive, but effective! Once he suffered, he processed the whole body, and after 12 hours any manifestations of the disease disappear. I, for example, did not need to spray a second time. To prevent secondary infection, he treated the apartment.
- Nastya. I work with money and I know what scab is. Previously treated with benzyl benzoate, but it is a long time. The pharmacy advised spray spray. She worked up for the night, barely waited for the morning (everything burns and itches), drank the suprastin tablet to relieve the symptoms. Washed and decided to repeat the treatment and it was a big mistake for me! After 5 minutes after treatment, my lower lip began to numb and tingle (the face was not processed, only the body and neck), then the jaw became numb and swell .... and then I realized that it was not just an allergic reaction; it begins to take care of the quin! But I was lucky, because I had previously drunk Suprastin, and I didn’t go further than these symptoms ... By the way, I do not suffer from any allergies. Be careful when re-processing! Although in general, the tool helped.
- Marina. Demodekoz was my daughter. Initially, there were small rashes on the cheeks, and then they covered the entire face. It looked awful. Were treated with different ointments. They helped a little. Doctors advised to switch to hormonal medications. We decided to abstain. On the thematic forum I read about Spregal. We decided to try. They were treated, of course, for a long time. More than a month. However, the result is obvious. The number of acne has significantly decreased, and there are no new lesions for a long time. We continue therapy.
If for some reason the use of Spregal became impossible, for example, due to allergies or the high cost of the drug, you can use one of the analogues. Please note that you should not choose a substitute drug yourself, it is better to ask the attending physician for advice. The main analogues of Spregal:
- Benzyl benzoate (costs no more than 50 rubles);
- Permethrin (costs about 150 rubles);
- Esdepalletrin (costs around 700 rubles);
- A-Par (costs about 650 rubles).
Before buying an analogue, consult your doctor.
Shelf life and storage conditions
Store in a dark, out of reach of children at room temperature. Shelf life - 24 months.
Caution - the liquid in the vial is under pressure. The temperature of the cylinder should not exceed 50 degrees. It is forbidden to pierce or set fire even empty bottles. Do not spray on flame or hot metal. Use and store at a safe distance from heating appliances and working electrical appliances.